Academic and Career Advising Center
The Academic and Career Advising Center is the undergraduate hub for School of Computing students. You'll find friendly people who are eager to help you:
- choose or change your major, minor and degree program
- review policies, procedures, and deadlines
- plan your semester course schedule
Meeting with your academic advisor should be on your to-do list each and every semester. Our advising team can ensure that you stay on track for graduation if you regularly meet with them to discuss your plans, interests, and goals.
While your assigned advisor should be your primary contact, you can also meet with any academic advisor during drop-in appointment hours to get your quick questions answered.Schedule an appointment or email general questions to email@example.com.
Find Your Academic Advisor
It’s important to connect with your academic advisor to ensure you’re on the right path to your goals. Your advisor is largely determined by the academic program you are pursuing and your year in school. You can always find your academic advisor by logging into MyPlan.
Online Degree Planner
At Nebraska, we’re committed to helping each student plan an academic path that helps them achieve their academic goals and graduate on time.
With the new online degree planner, students will work one-on-one with their advisor to plan their path to graduation by building a personalized multi-semester degree plan. Each student’s academic plan will include all requirements for their degree. Students should revisit their plan each semester with their advisor until graduation. Academic advisors will help students use the degree planner to identify essential components of their major and degree, as well as opportunities to personalize their path to graduation.
Watch the video below to learn more about how to use the degree planner.
Academic Excellence in the School of Computing
- Dean’s List: Every semester, hundreds of students are honored by our dean for achieving a superior grade point average.
- Distinction: Be recognized at graduation for superior academic performance and completion of a thesis.
- Fellowships: Launch your search for national and international fellowship competitions that meet your educational, intellectual, and personal needs.