To be issued a permission code to enroll in CSCE 495: Internship for Credit, there are a few steps you must first take:
- Talk with your industry supervisor.
- Create a “job description” with your supervisor that will include all your responsibilities in the internship.
- Complete the Internship for Credit application.
- Computer science and computer engineering students will list Dr. Bhuvana Gopal as their faculty sponsor. Complete the steps outlined here.
- 3 credits of CSCE 495 will count as one of your tech elective courses. International students may want to consider 1 credit if they plan on completing multiple internships. If students need additional credit to get to 120 total hours for the computer science degree, they may do up to 6 hours of 495, but only 3 will count for a tech elective.
- Completing the application will send an automatic email to your supervisor with next steps.
For International Students
Here are the steps for enrolling in the course and CPT:
- Find an internship and ensure that the company is willing to sponsor you
- Complete the CPT paperwork for each internship you are completing and send to an academic advisor for a signature.
- CPT must be tied to a semester and course. You can take it for 1–3 credits. One credit is recommended for students wanting to completing multiple internships.
- Section C is used. All 3 boxes of part 1 are checked and box #1 of part 2 is checked.
- Write a few sentences about your internship and what you will be doing.
- The final CPT form will be emailed directly from the academic advisor.
- Complete all the steps listed at the top of this email to receive a permission code.