A campus visit helps you find a place that fits you.
Meet future colleagues and professors and learn more about how our supportive campus environment will meet your academic and personal needs.
Contact us if you have questions about our school.
Planning your visit
Schedule your visit.
Right now we offer both in-person and virtual visits:
- In person:
- Husker Weekdays: Experience a husker welcome presentation, tour campus, and meet with our recruitment coordinator for an hour.
- Essential Husker Experience: Come for a husker welcome presentation, tour campus, and get some academic info at our academics and activities information fair.
- Request a 1-on-1 appointment: Our recruitment coordinator is happy to meet virtually with any students wanting more information on the University of Nebraska-Lincoln.
- In person:
Make your travel arrangements.
See Travel below.
Tips for scheduling
- Schedule at least two weeks in advance so that your requests can be accommodated.
- Visit Monday through Friday while classes are in session for the best experience. Consult the academic calendar and typically avoid weekends, holidays, and finals week.
Tips for the day of your visit
- Plan to spend quality time exploring the university and the surrounding community so you don't miss anything important or feel rushed.
- Dress appropriately for the weather and wear comfortable shoes, as the tour of campus will be a walking tour. Check the weather forecast.
- Be prepared to ask questions! The best way for you to get all of the answers you're looking for is to ask questions!
- Make sure you have directions and phone numbers before you leave home, and plan to arrive on campus a little early.
If you are here on campus for an official undergraduate visit, you should be mailed a free parking pass from admissions with some directions on where to park.
If you are here visiting the School of Computing only, please email firstname.lastname@example.org for your options.
For shorter appointments, you may prefer to park in one of the metered areas surrounding campus.
- Several metered spaces are available in the parking lot directly west of Avery Hall.
- Be sure to find a meter which will allow enough time for your appointment and to bring coins to plug your meter. Various UNL meters and city meters may allow different amounts of time (typically 10 minutes to 2 hours) and accept different payments (some accept quarters and dimes but not nickels, some allow payment through the Passport parking app).
Air travel and car rental
Lincoln has many hotels; the hotels below have offered special discounts to University of Nebraska-Lincoln campus visitors. Upon arrival, show the hotel clerk your confirmation letter or email to confirm your special rate. Excludes Husker home games and other high-demand dates.
"Experience a true icon of Midwest hospitality, where recent upgrades combine to provide a historical, yet elegant, lodging experience. We are located in the heart of downtown Lincoln, just four blocks from the UNL campus. If flying into Lincoln, please call for information regarding our complimentary airport shuttle."
$99 per night, includes one self-parking card per guest room.
"The Embassy Suites is located in downtown Lincoln across the street from the University of Nebraska-Lincoln. Each guest room is 2-room suite and comes with a complimentary cooked-to-order breakfast; a complimentary evening reception; and access to an indoor pool, whirlpool, sauna and fitness center."
For a special discount, use this booking link or under "Add Special Rate Codes," use Corporate Account 0002838840.
"Team central for Huskers happenings, Graduate Lincoln is just a dash to campus and amid all the historic Haymarket District fun. Here, students, faculty and alum can enjoy a cool and comfortable respite from the everyday. It is elegant enough to host Lincoln’s most beautiful weddings, and a smart choice for corporate meetings, educational events and down home fun."
Husker Preferred Rate: $119, includes hot breakfast.
"The New Victorian Suites is a Nebraskan-owned, 83-room, all-suites hotel. Guests will enjoy our free 26-item hot deluxe breakfast bar. Refrigerator, microwave, 42-inch flat screen and free high speed wireless internet are in everyone of our spacious suites. Relax in our heated indoor pool, spa, and fitness center open 24 hours a day. We are a few blocks from UNL's East Campus and only a short drive to UNL's City Campus. Close to fine dining and Westfield Mall."
Mention UNL for a rate of $64.99 for a king suite or $74.99 for a double queen suite. Rate based on availability.
"Everything you need for a comfortable, relaxing stay. Wake up to a complimentary full, hot buffet breakfast, enjoy the large flat screen TVs, free wire/wireless internet, free laundry, free parking, free airport shuttle, free fitness center & earn rewards with our terrific Priority Points Club. Our spacious, comfortable suites have full kitchens and your choice of room types. Coming in Tuesday-Thursday? Relax with our evening socials of delicious food and cool beverages. Very close to UNL East Campus, a short drive to City Campus and easy access to any location in Lincoln. A great hotel guests love!"
UNL special rates starting at $89.99.